Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April 24, 2011

profile view of a skull
EASTER! It's the most happiest time of the year...yet it's been such a stressful week. I wanted to get away from school asap and just rest and not think about anything over the weekend. But.....I was stuck at the airport for 2 hours waiting for the stupid bus that goes to Des Moines, IA. I was planning on visiting my aunt in Iowa to help her with her clothing business, but my main reason was to get away so I can recover from this burnout. My aunt ended up coming all the way to Minnesota to pick me up the next day after going home (Woodbury) in a cab after a long wait at the airport that night. It was raining, which made the situation that much more depressing. Although it had many downs starting from the the late start to my weekend to conversations I never wanted to have, my weekend in Iowa ended up being an amazing weekend...just relaxing and hanging out with my aunt. Easter sunday. We went to church, everyone was so welcoming. I love being the center of attention. Now I'm sounding like a snob. haha but I hate it at the same time. I always have to be careful of my words and actions because so many eyes are watching. I'm used to it, though. We had a little bible study/devotional time with a small group of young adults after the service. We talked about the past week and what we can do to make better choices for next week. I, of course, talked about how uncertain my transferring situation was because that's been the only thing on my mind lately..and someone gave me advice to just stop, and ask God for peace in my heart. We, Christians, have peace. It's a gift from God. How? We know we're going to heaven no matter what happens. Whether we die today, tomorrow or not for a long time, we have heaven to look forward to. I realized that I just need to stay calm and give everything to God. He is in charge, He is the one that has everything planned out for me. I just need to ask Him to give me wisdom so I can differentiate between what I want and what He wants. This advice helped me stay present, awake and not worry about what's going to happen in the future.

It was interesting to learn that our face part is only 1/3 of the skull. It was really weird at first to draw the skull. I can't decide if I like it or not because I always seem to draw the cranium a lot smaller than is. Amy had to fix it for me every time she walked by. I have only drawn the profile view so I am scared to start on the other views. I feel that the frontal view is going to be very difficult to draw especially the contour lines. I've had so much trouble with them, because it's so hard for me to see which way the contour lines go (inward or outward). I'm not really excited to start on them, but hopefully after drawing both the frontal and 3/4 of the frontal view, I'll be able to tell the direction of the contour lines better.

No comments:

Post a Comment