Monday, January 31, 2011

Big Me :)

Self Portrait: Passion for Piano

Drawing II
pastels
33x44in

My name is Hana Jang and I am an Industrial design major student at University of Wisconsin - Stout. I am an outgoing, friendly person who loves to talk to new people and get to know them. I try to have a positive attitude and be optimistic. I like trying new things and taking risks because I know that the key to success is taking a big step and not being afraid to take a risk with the possibility of failure. I became addicted to art as soon as I saw the world of the Hyper Realists. The way they were able to take mediums that were stagnant and sculpt them into works or life and movement, took my breath away. However, I always knew that under the aesthetics of these works of arts were the structures that held the pieces together. This notion of structure and construction soon reared its head in a completely new direction, a direction that made me change the way I view art and it built my interests. I now view the space as a cohesive unit that makes up the integrity of the piece. This is where my heart lies. So to be an innovator in the world, I have to learn to design the world. I want to start that by learning about figures, myself first, learn how everything lies and connects together. I know I will be making a lot of mistakes but as a beginner, I want to learn from those mistakes and I also desire to learn from the other classmates by sharing constructive thoughts. I don't want to be afraid of taking risks to make the best out of this class. As Malcolm Forbes, a publisher of Forbes Magazine, says, “The people who have done big things are those who were not afraid to attempt big things, who were not afraid to risk failure in order to gain success.” I feel that education has no set limits and I want to continue on this expedition towards my career starting from this Life Drawing Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment